Gluten-Free Baked Fruit Crisps
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 tbsp (1 1/2 sticks) cold unsalted butter cut into 12 pieces
- 2-3 apples or pears peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp raw cane sugar
- Creme fraiche or whipped cream
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 350°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place eight 1-cup sized ramekins or coquettes on the prepared sheet.
- For the Crisp Topping: Combine the oats, flours, brown sugar, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and use a pastry blender or fork to cut the butter into pea-size pieces. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the fruit, vanilla and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and taste. Add the cane sugar only if necessary to sweeten.
- Fill each ramekin to the top with fruit, then sprinkle with 3 Tbsp of the crisp topping. Place the sheet pan with the ramekins on it directly onto the grill grate.
- Bake until the tops are brown and bubbly, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
- To serve, top with a dollop of creme fraiche or whipped cream. Enjoy!