Photo: Erin Kunkel
When I’m left to my own devices, you’ll see me roasting cauliflower for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Proven to balance hormones, reduce cancer risk, fight inflammation, improve digestion, and even aid in weight loss, this is one underappreciated crucifer we all need in our lives! Roasted at high heat with anti-inflammatory spices and balanced with bright mint and crunchy almonds, this cauliflower is a vegetarian dream come true. Though I love chunks of cauliflower, slices cook faster and have more surface area to get crispy and caramelized. Don’t forget: where there’s turmeric, there should be black pepper. It increases the bioavailability of turmeric by 2000 percent!
Blistered Curry Cauliflower with Mint, Currants, and Toasted Almonds
- 1 head cauliflower, about 1 1/2 lb cored and cut into 1/2 in slices
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup roasted, salted almonds chopped
- ¼ cup currants rehydrated and drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 450°F [230°C].
- Combine the cauliflower, oil, garlic, curry powder, turmeric, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper in a large bowl. Toss until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Spread the cauliflower out onto a large baking sheet, making sure not to overcrowd the cauliflower. Roast until the cauliflower is tender and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Toss with the almonds, currants, mint, and lime zest. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.