Green Papaya Salad
- 8 oz green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or brown sugar
- 2 red Thai chiles, seeded and thinly sliced (optional if nightshade-sensitive)
- 2 green papayas, each about 12-oz, peeled, seeded, and julienned
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (optional if nightshade-sensitive)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 chopped mint
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Marcona almonds
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and fill a medium bowl with ice water. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to the ice-water bath to stop the cooking. Be careful not to overcook the beans; they should still have some bite
- Dry the beans and slice in half crosswise.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, agave nectar, and chiles (if using) to make a dressing.
- Place the green beans, papayas, tomatoes (if using), cilantro, and mint in a serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Stir in half of the almonds, then sprinkle the rest on top and serve.