Almond Flour Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour, such as Cup4Cup or Bob's Red Mill
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease a 9 by 5 in loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas, brown sugar, almond milk, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until completely incorporated. Gently fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let the bread cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto the rack and allow to cool for another 30 minutes. Slice and serve.