Amanda's California Cocktail
I am obsessed with St-Germain, the elderflower liqueur that takes everything from basic to delightful in one sip. It pairs so nicely with floral gins and vodkas. I love to use it when friends tell me they only like vodka, but want something a little different. A splash of this in your vodka cocktail along with some citrus feels like what the rest of the world imagines life to be like in California- light, sunny, and happy! If you prefer to serve this up, it would be delicious shaken and served in a martini glass without the added soda water or garnishes.
- 1 1/2 oz high-quality vodka, such as Blue Ice, Tito's, or Grey Goose
- 1/2 oz St-Germain liqueur
- 1 slice of grapefruit plus 1 tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- Soda water
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Combine the vodka, St. Germain, and grapefruit juice in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake.
- Strain into a has that has ice cubes in it. Add the slice of grapefruit so it's sitting vertically in the glass.
- Top with soda water and garnish with a rosemary sprig. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!