This one is for those of you just starting out. It’s sweeter than other versions but is still loaded with powerful greens.
Beginner Green Juice
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch lacinato kale stems removed
- ½ bunch parsley
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 lemon or lime
- Wash all the fruits and vegetables and pat dry. Juice the celery, apples, cucumbers, lettuce, kale, parsley, and ginger according to your juicer’s instructions. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir. Serve immediately.
Quick Kale Prep
- There is no need to use a knife when removing kale leaves from the stems. Hold the leaf of kale at the stem with one hand and use your other to pull the leaf from the bottom of the stem upward. You’ll wind up with the stem in one hand and leaves in the other. If you’re like me, you can’t help but think about the waste inherent in juicing (all that left-behind fiber!). I get more yield out of my kale by rolling the leaves around quartered apples and then putting them through the juicer.