Chai-Spiced Cashew Milk
Chai Spice Blend
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups unsalted raw cashews
- 8 cups purified water
- 2 to 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chai spice blend
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
To make the chai spice blend:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir. Set aside.
To make the cashew milk:
- Put the cashews and 4 cups of the water in a blender. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the maple syrup, the spice blend, and the ginger.
- Blend at low speed, then slowly increase the speed to high and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining 4 cups water and remaining 2 Tbsp of maple syrup (if desired) the reach your preferred consistency and taste.
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, making sure to stir the milk before serving.