Corn Salad with Basil Oil and Cherry Tomatoes
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups raw corn kernels about 6 ears
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine 10 times, then stop to scrape down the bowl. Add the basil leaves and pulse a few more times to break them up. With the machine running, slowly add the oil. Once a paste is formed, stop and taste, adding more seasoning if desired or a tablespoon or 2 of water to thin it out.
- Place the corn kernels in a bowl along with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the basil oil and gently toss to coat. Taste, adding more basil oil if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover, refrigerate up to overnight, and serve.