Corn Salad with Basil Oil and Cherry Tomatoes
This salad screams summer! When corn is fresh, it is so delicious it doesn’t even require cooking. Mixed with fresh cherry tomatoes and homemade basil oil, I promise you this is a recipe you’ll come back to over and over again.
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups firmly packed basil leaves
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups raw corn kernels about 6 ears
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Place the pine nuts, garlic, and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine 10 times, then stop to scrape down the bowl. Add the basil leaves and pulse a few more times to break them up. With the machine running, slowly add the oil. Once a paste is formed, stop and taste, adding more seasoning if desired or a tablespoon or 2 of water to thin it out.
- Place the corn kernels in a bowl along with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with a few tablespoons of the basil oil and gently toss to coat. Taste, adding more basil oil if desired. Serve at room temperature or cover, refrigerate up to overnight, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!