Garlicky Tofu Scramble with Green Onions and Herb Salad
- 3 Tbsp fresh-pressed coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- One 15-oz package firm tofu, thoroughly drained and diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp lime juice, plus more as needed
- Fish sauce for serving (optional)
- Cooked brown rice for serving (optional)
- Poached eggs for serving (optional)
- Place the coconut oil, white parts of the green onions, and garlic in a cold sauté pan. Turn the heat to low. As the aromatics warm, stir occasionally until they are lightly browned and softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tofu and a pinch of salt and turn the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is well coated with the oil and warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the mung bean sprouts and warm for 1 minute. Add the green parts of the green onions and the mint, parsley, and the lime juice.
- Stir to combine. Taste, adding fish sauce or additional lime juice, if desired.
- Serve the scramble on its own, or over brown rice with poached eggs on top.