Gluten-Free Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 1/4 cup (40g) unrefined coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) gluten-free flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill or Cup4Cup
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil, ½ cup of the sugar, the molasses, egg and egg yolk, and vanilla until the mixture is cohesive.
- Add the flour, the salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and baking soda, and fold to combine until no streaks of flour remain. Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Place the remaining ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl. Scoop 2 rounded Tbsp of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in the sugar, pressing gently to adhere, and place on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls at least 2 in apart.
- Bake until the cookies are lightly browned, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.