Greek Chopped Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 4 cups diced seedless cucumbers (about 2 English cucumbers or 3 to 4 Persian cucumbers)
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, and/or mint)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup), optional
- Put the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl along with a pinch of salt.
- Chop the herbs coarsely and add to the bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette, place the vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the pepper in a jar. Cap the jar and give it a good shake. Add the oil and give it another shake to combine. Alternately, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
- To finish the salad, add the vinaigrette to the bowl and stir. Taste, adding lemon juice if desired and more seasoning if needed. Sprinkle the cheese over the top or serve on the side.