Hummus with Pine Nuts and Parsley
- Two 15-oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice, plus more as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp za'atar
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup water
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts, toasted (see notes)
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, za'atar, and 1 1/2 tsp salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to combine, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup if the water, 2 Tbsp of the olive oil, and the tahini. Process until the mixture is creamy, adding up to 1/2 cup of the remaining water, 2 Tbsp at a time, processing after each addition until the mixture is the consistency you like. Taste, adding more lemon juice and salt if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and top with the remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil, the toasted pine nuts, and parsley.