I hope with this book, I become known for my green sauces, which my family and friends now affectionally call "Haas Sauces." Chimichurri reigns supreme in my house, but I wanted to do a cutting board version of a green sauce- one where no food processor or blender is required. This one packs a punch with its briny capers, bright citrus, and anti-inflammatory herbs. It's so easy. Put it on everything- soups, meat, eggs, grains, you name it. Photo: Andee McKenzie
- 2 Tbsp chopped shallot
- 2 Tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest, plus 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir the shallot, capers, mustard, lemon zest, and garlic with a fork to combine.
- Add the parsley and mint and stir, then slowly whisk in the oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Reprinted from The Vibrant Life by Amanda Haas with permission by Chronicle Books, 2019
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!