Spicy Shrimp Skewers with Romesco (aka Haas Red Sauce)
- 2 lbs. Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. hot sauce such as Tabasco or Siete
- 1 small shallot peeled
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled
- 2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Honey or can sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- If using bamboo or wood skewers, place them in cold water to soak for 1 hour before grilling.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and set aside. Combine all remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the marinade to the shrimp and place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Remove from fridge and thread shrimp onto bamboo or metal skewers.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill to 450 degrees with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are pink and firm to touch. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!