Sugar and Spice Cheesecake
- 9” Springform pan
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 sticks (32 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice, or combine 1 tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. nutmeg, and ½ tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
For the topping:
- 16 oz sour cream
- 2 tbsp cane sugar
- Toppings: Toasted pecans, graham cracker crumbs, or caramel
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- To make the crust, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl. Stir to combine. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9” springform pan.
- Combine the cream cheese, cane sugar, spices, and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream until smooth on medium speed. Scrape down the sides, then add the eggs one at a time, on medium speed.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan, using a rubber spatula to smooth the top. Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake until the center is barely set, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for a few hours or up to overnight.
- To make the topping, combine the sour cream and cane sugar. Stir to combine, then gently pour it over the top of the chilled cheesecake, spreading with a knife or thin spatula evenly over the top. Chill for at least one hour or up to overnight.
- Top the cheesecake with crushed graham cracker crumbs, toasted nuts, or a drizzle of caramel before serving.