When Casamigos tequila started using #houseoffriends as their hashtag, I fell in love with it! Before this pandemic, my house was the place where my friends and my sons’ friends were always welcome. (I’m the one who’d push the furniture aside and throw a dance party just because.) At my last pre-Covid party, I asked Casamigos to provide the tequila so I could make a signature cocktail with it. From that night forward, it became obvious that I needed to use the hashtag #haasoffriends to personify it!
This Paloma uses their reposado, which I find has a little more depth of flavor and complexity for tequila lovers. You can certainly use blanco if you’d prefer.
The Haaspitality Paloma
- 1⁄4 cup Pink grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice or Meyer lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Casamigos reposado tequila
- 1 tsp. Maple syrup
- Place the citrus juices, tequila, and a teaspoon of maple syrup in a cocktail shaker and stir to combine. Taste, adding a little more maple syrup to sweeten if desired. (The mixture will taste very strong before ice is added.) Fill the shaker 2⁄3 of the way with ice, then shake vigorously for 20 seconds, or until the outside of the container starts to accumulate some moisture.
- Strain and serve up if you’re feeling fancy, or the childproof way--on the rocks with a straw for easy sipping!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!