Butter Lettuce Salad with Asian Pears, Pistachios, and Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 small Asian pears, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup pomegranate seeds (from about 1 pomegranate)
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, toasted
- 1/2 cup Herb Buttermilk Dressing
Herb Buttermilk Dressing
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped chives
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the lettuce, Asian pears, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1/4 cup [60 ml] of the dressing and toss gently, adding more dressing if needed so the leaves are evenly coated yet there is no dressing left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Serve, passing any remaining dressing at the table.
For Herb Buttermilk Dressing
- In a food processor, pulse the buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard, and minced garlic to combine.
- Add the parsley and tarragon and process until smooth and creamy.
- With the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chives.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.