Baked Breakfast Mini Quiches
- Cooking spray
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion finely diced
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 10 eggs
- 4 oz shredded cheddar, mozzarella, or Swiss cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a cutting board to cool, then chop the mixture so the spinach if broken up a little.
- When ready to cook, set the temperature to 350°F and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Add the cooled onions and spinach, cheese, basil, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Place tray on the grill and bake until the eggs have puffed up, are set, and are beginning to brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
*Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!