Cranberry-Tangerine Sauce (Aka 2020 Sauce)
- 1 lb fresh or frozen (unthawed) cranberries
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed tangerine juice (it can be pulpy!)
- 1 small cinnamon stick (about 3 inches)
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar, then bring to a simmer.
- As soon as it starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, allowing the sauce to cook and bubble slowly until the cranberries are broken down and the sauce begins to thicken, about 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, then serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days before serving.